Sunday, July 19, 2009

Week 2

Before we knew it, week 2 had come to an end. It had been a really hectic week, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.

I observed lessons from many different teachers this week, and was able to learn from their various classroom management styles and teaching methods. The teachers have been very helpful, sharing with me their rationale for doing certain things, and asking me to reflect on the areas that can be improved on.

I had more opportunities to interact with the students more closely this week. It is indeed refreshing to interact with young people, listening to their new (and sometimes funny) ideas and their enthusiasm for the things that they like. The NE ambassadors really had the passion towards contributing to the NE in school; they were very willing to commit and work together with us on the project, despite having to cope with their heavy schoolwork and other CCA commitments. This is something I admire and appreciate very much. It makes me feel that I want to do more for them and leave behind a good NE project that can benefit them now and in the future.

I also got to interact with the Secondary 4 students when helping them with their oral practice. Though it is compulsory for them to come and practice their oral during recess time, they did not complain and really made good use of the time by practicing seriously and asking us for feedback. I was touched by their earnestness to learn and improve themselves.

Through interacting with the students, I was able to reaffirm my purpose in wanting to become a teacher-- to connect with the younger generation and to nurture them. There might be many challenges in doing so, and the results might not always show so soon, but I am confident that as long as I do not forget my initial purpose, I will be able to persevere in this endeavour.


Week 2 Schedule

13th July Monday

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Mei: Secondary 4 HCl class

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Mei: 4 Dynamic, 4 Thinking, 5 Dynamic, 5 Thinking

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Mei: 2 Respect, 2 Integrity, 2 Commitment

Lesson observation on positive discipline
Mr James Ng: 3 Excel

Meet-up with Mrs Raj on the NE Project

14th July Tuesday

Lesson observation on literature costume design class
Mr Tyrus Chua: 2 Integrity

Induction by Mrs Tan on the STEP UP programme and interaction with the students in the programme

Attachment project on NE

15th July Wednesday

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Mei: 2 Respect, 2 Integrity, 2 Commitment

Lesson observation
Ms Ma Ning: 2 Aspire, 2 Achieve

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Mei: 3 Aspire, 3 Achieve, 3 Respect, 3 Integrity, 3 Commitment
(Band 1 Class)

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Mei: Secondary 4 HCl Class

Meeting with NE Ambassadors on the NE Project

16th July Thursday

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Mei: 2 Dynamic, 2 Thinking

Lesson observation
Mr Pan Ming Gang: 1 Integrity, 1 Respect

Lesson observation
Ms Ho Wei Ling: 3 Character, 3 Excel
(Combined class with Mdm Huang Bi Fen)

Attachment Project on NE

17th July Friday

Lesson observation
Mdm Huang Bi Fen: 1 Achieve

Lesson observation
Ms Ho Wei Ling: 3 Aspire, 3 Achieve

English oral practice with the Secondary 4 students

Lesson observation on CCD
Mr Tyrus Chua: 2 Thinking

Induction by Mr Henry Kwek on Pupil Well-being

Attachment Project on NE

No comments:

Post a Comment